Through Supported Employment, staff from our Center help people with disabilities match their interest and skills to jobs. Supported Employment puts people with developmental disabilities to work in community businesses like yours.
Our staff will:
- Assist employers with orientation and training of the employee.
- Consult with employers and staff to enhance understanding of, and interaction with, the new employee.
- Provide the ongoing training and support that may be needed by the employer and/or the employee to assure successful continued employment.
The needs of employers, employees, and job requirements are carefully evaluated to help assure a good employee/employer fit.
Supported Employment is not new. People with developmental disabilities have proven they make quality employees to companies like:
Publix, Wal-Mart, Pizza Hut, Applebee’s, Goody’s, Kroger, Pilgrims, Holiday Inn Express, Burger King, Goodwill, Tanner Medical Center, State University of West Georgia, and many more.
- Employers want well trained, dedicated employees.
- People with developmental disabilities want to work.
- People with developmental disabilities want to be independent, productive, and participating members of their community.
- People with developmental disabilities have capabilities.