Job Title: SS: Client Support Worker (WL) Part Time Position in CLS Program
Job Code: 10006
Last Update: 02/20/2016
Salary Plan: Statewide Salary Plan (SWD)
Vacation and Sick Time
Job Responsibilities & Performance Standards:
- Arranges for needed medical care and provides needed services to assure that medical care is obtained
- Assists in presentation of educational group lectures related to appropriate topics
- Assists with the development of an individual service/treatment plan for each assigned consumer/student
- Cares for individuals and families during periods of incapacitation, family disruption or convalescence, providing companionship, personal care, and help in adjusting to new lifestyles
- Counsels and advises clients on behavioral problems, daily decision-making, and the resolution of minor problems
- Instructs and advises clients/residents on daily living skills and/or community access individual services in a one-on-one community setting or group instruction
- Observes and monitors client behavior
- Participates in case reviews, consulting with the team to evaluate the client’s needs and plan for continuing services
- Performs housekeeping duties, such as cleaning, washing clothes and dishes, and running errands
- Plans, shops for, and prepares meals, including special diets, and assists families in planning, shopping for, and preparing nutritious meals
- Prepares and maintains records of client progress and services performed, reporting changes in client condition to manager or supervisor
- Provides transportation for clients/residents to appointments and activities
Sample Technical Competencies:
- Ability to observe and monitor participants’ behavior.
- Ability to assist and supervise participants with daily living activities.
- Ability to develop individualized plans.
- Ability to provide training and/or orientation services to participants.
- Ability to participate in supportive guidance, staff supervision sessions, program planning meetings, consumer staffing and service training.
- Ability to complete evaluations to determine functional level of participants.
One year experience providing social or direct care services to groups of special needs individuals in a human services setting OR Associate degree in a related field OR One year experience at the lower level or position equivalent Note: Some positions may require a valid driver’s license
Submit all applications and resumes’ to Human Resources – Attention Jodie Wren